As “The Legend of Korra” gears up for its return with Book 3 “Change,” fans should keep their eyes peeled as the Nickelodeon prepare for the upfront on March 13.
Opening page of The Rift: Part One. This comic will be released to comic book stores on March 5th. Preorder on amazon.
My previous 8 page preview post of this comic (x)
Okay but Katara’s outfit though
Erm, I don’t think so. While there is certainly gender politics in this fandom (what fandom doesn’t have that tbh), the fact Korra is a woman doesn’t really shape my opinion that much. I’m aware of what a massive step it is to have a WoC as a main character, but I don’t think people have really been holding back against LOK just because Korra’s a girl.
Besides, I don’t think people are that angry at the character Korra. My apathy and disappointment in this show originates from writing choices not the actual characters.
Okay this will be the last photoset of today! haha!
Shirtless Tenzin it is. I think these snapshots prove the theory that shirtless Tenzin was younger wrong. (It could still be a flashback… maybe he aged really fast but remained the same for a number of years?? haha little far fetched)
I might be uploading a HQ version of the trailer sometime tommorrow. Good luck speculating avatards!
No, LOK has not been entertaining for me at all. Book 2 had its moments. I liked individual characters and scenes. But the direction the series is going in and the way Bryke write plot arcs now just isn’t my cup of tea.
I really love that quote from the movie Side Effects which was “past behaviour is the best predictor of future behaviour.” That to me sums up my attitude towards LOK now. I don’t really trust it get better. Its been 26 episodes now and I’m not enjoying it.
I will keep up with it. I do enjoy running this blog and chatting with you guys, but following LOK and investing time into the series won’t be top of my agenda.
This is a close up of the dragon in the new tlok trailer. Could that person riding the dragon be Zuko?
The Legend of Korra: Book 3 - Change: Short trailer including both Book 2 & Book 3 clips!
Maybe this is why Kya and Bumi didn’t have the fondest memories of their childhood.
Someone take photoshop away from me.
I’ve decide to roundup all Book Three: Change information into a single post divided into three sections: Images, Plot, Characters & General.
Section #1: Book Three Images:
- This image takes place almost 21 minutes into Book Three episode #1.
- The image was released by Bryan Konietzko on May 17th 2013
- Many internet users believe that, in this scene, Asami is either on a boat or a plane but it looks closer to a boat.
- The image was released by Bryan Konietzko on December 19th 2013
- Lin appears to have awaked from a bad dream or is getting out of a bath.
- Bolin, Pabu, Naga and Oogi appear to be in Republic City
- This picture was released by Bryan Konietzko on January 3rd 2013 via one of his tumblr posts
- Bolin and Mako are seen in an unknown location wearing their pyjamas
- This image was released on January 10th 2014 by Bryan Konietzko and captioned “Prepare thy bodies for Book 3.” on this page.
- Just like in picture 4, Bolin and Mako are wearing their underwear/pyjamas.
- Bolin and Mako appear to be in an previously unseen location.
- Bryan Konietzko shared this to his tumblr page on January 16th 2014!
- Korra and Asami are training together. Asami looks like she is wearing a pro bending uniform.
- Bryan shared this photo here on January 24th 2014!
Section #2: Book Three Plot:
- In this video, Mike DiMartino & Bryan Konietzko explain that “Lin is going to be heavily featured in Book 3” and “We are going to be learning about Lin and her family”
- During this interview with Wall Street Journal, Mike DiMartino revealed that Book Three’s events will take place three weeks after Korra defeated Unalaq in Book 2.
- "People will get more Bumi. There’s a lot more Bumi in Book 3." - Michael Dante DiMartino during an interview with Wall Street Jorunal.
Section #3: Book Three Characters:
- Bryan Konietzko recently confirmed that there is currently an Earth Queen. He didn’t confirm whether or not she will appear in Book 3, but I don’t really see a reason for him to say this if she wasn’t relevant in any way.
- Suite Life of Zack & Cody & Camp Rock actress, Alyson Stoner, posted on her website that she has voiced a character named Opal. Could Opal be the recently mentioned Earth Queen? Could she be a relative of Lin since we’re learning more about her family?
- Princess Azula’s voice actress, Grey DeLisle, recently revealed that she will be voicing a “bad girl” who is a bender during this radio interview. She also stated that this character is not a firebender.
- During a recent Comic Con fan event, Grey also revealed that she is voicing a waterbender! Is is unknown whether this waterbender is the same “bad girl” she was describing earlier. The fact that when Grey described the waterbender said “she’s bad” hints that they are indeed the same character. It is likely that this bad girl waterbender could be somewhat evil.
Section #4: Book Three General Information:
- Book 3 will consist of thirteen episodes
- "We are on track to airing Book 3 with MUCH less of a wait than the unfortunate one there was before Book 2 aired." -Bryan Konietzko comparing Book 3’s hitaus duration in comparison to the fifteen month wait between Books 1 & 2.
- Studio Mir (animators of all of The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra Book 1 & the second half of Book 2) will be animating ALL of Book 3!
//End of my news roundup. Hope you have enjoyed reading and have learned a lot about Book Three. All news is sourced via hyperlinks in an appropriate sentence. This roundup post will be updated frequently up until Book 3’s release.
the darkest day in fire nation history
i forgot this happened. jesse was originally zuko right?
Check out the other 7 pages in the post. Some really cool stuff. Toph and her parents, Air Nomad Culture and flashbacks.